Sunday, March 27, 2011

Taking the eBook Plunge

My first novel, The Seasons of the EmmaLee, has been in the bookstores since 2005. I've been keeping a close eye on the changes in the publishing industry these past years, as most writers have. There is no denying that there is a dramatic transformation underway in how readers find the stories they want to read. Certainly bookstores, and those of us who love bookstores, will continue to be a favorite destination to find that next great read. But the surprising number of people embracing new eReader technology with Kindle, Nook, IPad and countless other devices, can't be denied as anything but industry changing. I've finally decided to take the plunge and publish my earlier novels as eBooks. I found that Smashwords was a tremendous web service that allows writers to format their books easily to be compatible with all eBook reader devices. Smashwords also provides electronic distribution to make your eBooks available on the popular online book retailer sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the Apple Store. The books can also be accessed at Smashwords.com online bookstore. You can now find The Seasons of the EmmaLee at my Smashwords profile and book page for just $2.99. Find me on Smashwords at: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/MichaelLindley Sample or purchase my ebook at Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/49823

No comments:

Post a Comment