Saturday, March 26, 2011

Welcome to Author Michael Lindley's Writer's Blog

Welcome to my blog musings on writing and publishing. In the coming months I plan to share news and information about my writing journey, as well as thoughts and lessons learned navigating the publishing world.

With two novels now on the shelves of the major chain bookstores and the many great independent booksellers in the Midwest for past several years through my own independent publishing company, Sage River Press, I have now finished my third work of historical fiction, Grayton Winds.

Set in the beautiful and remote village of Grayton Beach on the northern Gulf Coast of Florida in the 1920's, Grayton Winds follows the life of aging writer reflecting back on the lost loves in his life and his struggles to escape the deceit and corruption of his ruthless family who controlled the liquor trade in the South.

The book has been complete and edited for several months now. I've been reaching out to secure an agent to help sell the book to a mainstream national publisher. With the current economy and nature of the publishing business, it has been extremely challenging for many writers to even connect with an agent, let alone a traditional publisher. While I continue to query agents who work in the historical fiction genre, I am also exploring the many new digital publishing and eBook options for distributing and selling my books.

For those of you on a similar writing journey, I look forward to sharing our challenges, successes and breakthroughs.

For those of you who have read my first two novels, or are considering doing so, thank you and let me know what you think about the stories. After all, this is all about telling and reading a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment